Directions to KAN (after much detective work with Google Maps and asking about 3 different people who didn't speak English on the streets):
1) Take the train to IKEJIRI-OHASHI station, this is one stop from Shibuya on the Den-en-toshi line).
2) The station is circled on the left in the map. Take the South Exit, you will come out seeing an overpass, walk in the direction with the overpass (road) on your left.
3) When you come to the river, turn right and walk along with the river on your left (see the blue thing on the map)
People seemed to be there to enjoy the whole experience of dining, not eating. The meat was to be savoured, the wine sipped and your cigarette dragged on between the refined (inexplicable) conversation with your companions, all the while watching in fascination as the chefs worked deftly behind the bar.
We had some other stuff, tofu, the cold appetisers and a vegetable tempura. We didn't order the fish liver (foie gras) in vinegar which looked totally awesome cos we were stuffed. I highly recommend that and the horse sashimi....it was really tender, they're Canadian and come to Japan for a few years before arriving on your dish. I know, I know, we're sick. But I don't see how the horse suffered any more than your industrial-slaughtered chicken and cow.
Oh yes, don't forget the sake....the bill set us back S$220. Not bad for a really nice dinner in Tokyo.
U KAN
Tel: 03-3792-5282
Manager: Hayashi Kohtaro
No comments:
Post a Comment