Baby is 27 weeks along and just over 900 grams last Friday.
He is also kicking me every hour at least, and it's very cute because sometimes I can see my tummy grooving to the beat. I am now 62 kilograms and finding it harder to get up from a sitting position, especially getting out of cars. Sleep is becoming less comfortable as I am only allowed one or two positions - on my sides - and a full night of uninterrupted sleep eludes me more and more.
Today, after waking at 2am the third night in a row to use the toilet and feeling like I got run over by a truck, I told Daniel that we are definitely training the baby to sleep through the night before I go back to work - no arguments. I can't do this, and I really don't know how Daniel has tolerated years of bad sleep (he wakes several times in the night) without doing something about it. Maybe he should be the one having this baby.
I'm still eating normally, no cravings for anything which makes me think all that is utter nonsense. There should be no excusable reason for anyone to blow up like a baby whale and blame it on pregnancy. We signed up for antenatal classes at the hospital which would begin in March. We are also going to take a tour of the place to select our choice of birthing suites. There are only 3 months to go!
The doctor said Baby's head is down, I suppose the right place to be, and from the pokes I am getting in my ribs, it explains a lot. We still haven't seen his face, on Friday there was no space between his face and my uterus to take a good enough 3D photo of him, so we had to settle for a 2D image. He wasn't doing much, just mucking around I guess, making smoochy movements with his lips, totally cute.
Daniel is all psyched about him, he wants to feel Baby kicking all the time and he talks to him before bed (unfortunately, in English). It's a shame fathers don't really have much to do with the baby's growth beyond the few minutes it took to conceive it. As much as I would pooh-pooh the emo crap women say about the lovey-dovey feelings of gestating a baby, I can't deny that the 9 month journey with its attendant hormonal explosions, wretched nausea and sickness, the burgeoning stomach and the thump-thump-thumping of Baby rocking it out in me is the most inexplicable and strange sensation I've had.
I am experiencing Nature in the most profound manner. Perhaps this is what they mean about motherhood. There's nothing else quite like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment