My mother-in-law is going to kill me.
I told her that weather in Singapore is the most angeneim (comfortable) in January and that she and Daniel's Dad should come visit. With February's discomfort levels rated as "high", I wonder how I am going to explain when they get here next week that the angeneimer weather decided to depart early.
I have fond memories -- and Daniel agrees -- of last January being wonderfully cool and breezy oweing to the Northeast monsoon. Every morning, as we sat on the corner of our street having breakfast at approximately 7.15am, the wind would billow relentlessly from the northeastern direction and I would comment, "it's cold!". I was over 5 months pregnant then and trust me, my body temperature had gone up so if I'd said it was cold, it WAS cold.
It's January again and the heat just turned up over the weekend. Suddenly, our trusty monsoon seemed to have headed off in some other direction and I began to sweat just standing in the kitchen. A check on the forecast revealed puzzling results. How on earth could today's maximum be 30 degrees? I was out at lunch time and I was cooking under the sun.
As you can see, there is a northeasternly wind still blowing, it's just less of a monsoon than a hot breath of air.
It looks pretty bad from the 25th on. And the 25 degrees is probably at midnight which doesn't really help two Germans who have to cope full time with an 8-month-old and expected a breezy, winter Singapore.
No comments:
Post a Comment